14 – 16 August 2015
This winter we have the pleasure to host a wine weekend at De Hoop, a short 30 minute drive from Sijnn winery.
On Friday evening we will pair the Sijnn wines with relevant international wines and on Saturday evening we will explore the individual varieties that make up the Sijnn flagship red blend as well as a few interesting international varieties we plan to plant next year. Each evening the tasting will be followed with a three course dinner prepared by De Hoop restaurant.
Friday 14 August
Pack up your desk early and head out to the De Hoop dunes for a special wine dinner. The format will be a 2×2 blind tasting, comparing some benchmark international wines to our exciting Sijnn wines. Dinner will be paired with the following wines:
- Champagne Le Mesnil Blanc de Blanc Grand Cru Brut to enjoy on arrival
- Huet le Mont Sec Vouvray 2011 (Chenin Blanc) & Sijnn White 2013
- Dumazet Condrieu Cote Fournet 2011 (Viognier) & Sijnn Viognier 2014 (new release)
- Jamet Cote Rotie 2011 (Syrah) & Sijnn Syrah 2013 (new release)
- Vieux Telegraph Chateau Neuf-du Pape ‘La Crau’ 2010 & Sijnn 2010
Saturday 15 August
Experience land-based whale watching at De Hoop – known as one of the worlds best spots. Join us for a walk after breakfast with an experienced guide to learn more about the area and the worlds largest mammals.
De Hoop offers many activities including game drives, mountain biking, birding and an Eco boat trip, all of which you can enjoy at your leisure on Saturday and Sunday. You are welcome to book these activities directly with De Hoop or through Christine.
The Saturday evening tasting will be much the same format as the Friday night. Dinner will be served with the following wines:
- Sijnn White 2014 (new release) to be enjoyed on arrival
- Sigalas Assyrtika Santorini (barrel fermented) 2012 & Sijnn White 2012
- Domaine Grand Veneur La Fontaine Chateau Neuf-du-pape 2008 & Sijnn White 2010
- Quinta do Vallado Touriga Nacional, Duoro 2012 & Sijnn Touriga Nacional 2013 (new release)
- Quinta do Vallado Reserva Field Blend, Duoro 2008 & Sijnn 2009
This special wine weekend includes two nights accommodation, breakfast both mornings, two 3 course wine dinners, lunch on Saturday, entrance to De Hoop Nature Reserve and a guided walk Saturday morning. Total cost is R3000 pp.
The accommodation included is for the Equipped Cottages and De Hoop Village cottages. Here are the links to the De Hoop website for these two accommodation options. You can see photos of the cottages and rooms.
To make a booking please email Christine on email@example.com
Spaces are limited to 24 people and are booking up fast. Please book soon to avoid disappointment.